Monday, September 05, 2005

Catching up a little

Ok, so I'm being horrible about posting here. My apologies. I've been playing w/ the MySpace account and I keep a journal on paper now, so I do that instead of writing here now. I'll try and be better about it though since I'm so bad about responding to emails. Ok, so what's happened since the last post? Umm, yah went to Canada. That was phenomenal. PHEnomenal. The people were so sweet, and they took such impeccable care of us. I felt very special. Auditioned for the musical 1776 over with Dundalk CT. They were supposed to get back to me within the week/by the end of the week. Today was a week. Cha. If they don't call me tomorrow, I'll call Mr Colonna or something. His last name always reminds me of an alcoholic grammar tool. I'm so weird. Umm, let's see. I went to see The Brothers Grimm w/ Ben on Saturday. Much fun. Cute movie. And I went to the fair w/ Alex while she was back in town this weekend. Yay! And House Church is meeting here now, so we had a 'beginning of the year' style party. Matt's home now, so it was him, Phil, Hennah, Davey, and me as far as middle-aged people (meaning not old and not young -- that horrible, wonderful, awkward chapter of life). So much fun. I love those kids. We were just missing Jon. :'( Hmmm, maybe I'll have to kidnap him. So yah. I've been journaling a lot. About books I'm reading, about my emotions, about God, about how confusing life/the world is. Etc, etc. It's fun stuff. Helps me keep stuff in perspective... and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a psychologist... and my writing style improves w/ practice. That's enough of the beneficial characteristics for now. Maybe I'll enumerate some more of them for you another time. But I realize when I start using words that I like the sound of, but am only relatively sure that they are the correct word, that it is time for Tiki to turn into a pumpkin. Love you so much darling. Sleep well... Oooo, I was reading this passage this morning and it struck me. I've always loved the second phrase (He has made everything...), but today the idea of God setting eternity in the hearts of men struck me. There is something about the idea of eternity that fascinates us as human beings. Something about the indescribability. We fear and love things that we cannot fully comprehend if we are wise. Think about those things: love, darkness, eternity, life, death. So interesting. I hate and love things that I can't understand. Hate because I feel dysfunctional; love because it reminds me of how little I know.
Ecclesiastes 3:10-11
"I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home